NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Registax Frustration

OK, following on from this thread :-

http://stargazerslounge.com/beginners-help-advice/99023-help-baader-converter-thingy.html

Trying to run before walking, I had a go at mars tonight with a camcorder stuck to a hyperion, obtaining focus was a nightmare, if the moon would have been out i'd have practiced on that but ahh well, if i had a dog i would have given it a right kicking lol, dropped the camcorder too! managed to catch it on my foot before it hit floor though so no damage done, but that registax isn't the most user friendly, i ended up with something worse than probably my best frame!

Read the tutorial on here but thats for a lot older version, tried the older version but it fell over with my avi, the new version didn't. I've decided with a camcorder it is WAAAY more complicated than i thought, for instance, do you use auto focus or manual? Macro mode or not? manual shutter & iris or auto? Do you zoom or use widest setting? Bahhh so i get a 'passable' length of video, run it through registax and end up with this gem lol

post-18181-133877432002_thumb.jpg

Archived