Web cam chip

Hi,

Has anyone successfully cleaned the imaging chip on a web cam? (Toucam pro) I've been trying to keep the image away from the blobs on the chip but there are that many now that is near impossible to get a clear image. I have heard that the chip can easily be damaged.....any help welcome.....

Thanks.

No problem ... blow loose bits away with a bulb blower (NOT a "compressed air" can or, even worse, a garage air hose!), use a cotton bud soaked in 50% isopropyl alcohol, do not scrub, dry lightly with the other end always moving in the same direction.

I've cleaned web cam, DMK and DSLR sensors many times, sometimes the first try isn't successful but with reasonable care there's no chance of damage.

Ok, thanks for reply, I'll give it a go, nice n easy. It will be great to get the sensor cleaned. Using the 4x barlow on Saturn was a nightmare with the blobs spoiling the image.

Thanks again

Archived