NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

It's outside cooling

Lovely clear skies here, finished watching wild at heart on TV and put the scope outside. Every time I have a go with it I learn or see something new. To the 'old lags' it will be nothing new, but, I'm now getting to the stage where transport outside and setup is a slick manoevre. Something often mentioned but and discussed in here but some things, the written description doesn't show clearly enough. What am i talking about? Tube currents, it's actually rather cold outside but I slewed it round to a star as soon as i set up and had a look. It's like looking through a kaleidascope! All moving and undulating, it was actually quite interesting to look at for a short while, took it off focus and watched all the moving about, if i tried to focus, the star was more like a 'blob of light' than a pinpoint of light. I suppose it's one of those things you've actually got to 'see' before you know exactly what it's like.

Archived