NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stacking from multiple image runs

Hi All,

What I am after is some advice on what is the best option for stacking using DSS, images taken over a number of nights.

Say I have 2 or 3 sets of RAW data plus the associated flats taken after each nights run, should I stack each nights worth and then stack the resultant TIFs? or some other method?

Your advice would be most welcome

Cheers Pete

Hi Pete,

DSS lets you stack lots of 'groups' all at once. There's a Main Group tag at the bottom of the main DSS window. I think you load some images...then click on this tag and it opens a new tag...Group1, etc. Put each night's images in a group of their own with their own darks, flats, etc. Then when you stack...I think DSS calibrates, aligns and stacks each group seperately...and then stacks the resultant stacks.

At least I think that's what it does...I've never used that feature yet. But that's the place to look for the answer.

Cheers

Simon

Archived