Dslr Connection

Hi All.

i got an skywatcher Dob 6 inch, now...on the specs it says direct slr connection. my confusion is..obviously it cant be direct as i need an adapter?

i got an olympus E-420. ive searched the net for answers and there is many. what i need is..anyone with similar dob, what exactly do i need to attach my dslr?

i know about T mounts..T rings..there are so many that claim to fit certain brands of camera...im just confuzzled over it all. if only things were simple. anyways...im only taking photos of the moon with it as anything else would need tracking for sure.

guys thanks for any help in advance for this simple problem, but impossible for me if i dont know :eek:

Hello, and welcome to SGL.

I'd have thought the SW 6" Dob has a 2" focusser tube on it. To put your camera on you will need a t-ring with a 2" push fit adapter. That should be all, and hopefully you will be able to reach focus like that.

Adaptors

Steve or James @ FLO will probably know which T ring you need.

Hope that helps. Take a look in the imaging parts of the forum to see what others are up to as regards moon photos etc.

Cheers

TJ

Archived