NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron SC + QSI532 ?

Hello,

I never used a SC telescope (just my Tak FS102NSV) so I'm a newbie here. What I like in refractors like mine is that everything is allways ready to work and all acessories are just great. My image train is: OTA-Takahashi extension tube-Takahashi angle adjuster-Takahashi Reducer - Precision Parts adaptor - QSI532. And the good thing is that everything is screweed together so the image train is as rigid as you can get.

My problem (well kind of) is that I need a larger diameter tube and since I cannot afford a 8" or 12" Taka refractor :), I thought in a used SC (from 8" to 11").

But I have some questions:

What should be a image train with and without focal reducer (I think there is a .63 celestron reducer) from OTA to my QSI?

What about the focus: I saw some stups with a crayford type focuser. How do you focus a SC image with and without that kind of focuser?

My camera have a 18mm diagonal. The image from a SC 8, 9.25 or 11 will be flat enough at the focal plane of my CCD?

Hope someone could enlighten me.

Regards,

paulo

Archived