NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A man with a Plan.

ncjunk

I am looking forward to tonight as it looks like it is clear and calm and I have just finished loading ACP with the images I want to take tonight.

So heres the list:-

;

; --------------------------------------------

; This plan was generated by ACP Planner 3.1.3

; --------------------------------------------

;

; For: Neil

; Targets: 7

; Start Imaging: 08-Jan-2010 21:31:54 (local)

; Total Time: 09:29:45

; === Target b 33 ===

;

#waituntil 1, 08-Jan-2010 20:31:54 ; UTC (21:31:54 local)

#count 15

#interval 300

#binning 1

b 33

;

; === Target m 81 ===

;

#waituntil 1, 08-Jan-2010 22:07:19 ; UTC (23:07:19 local)

#count 8

#interval 300

#binning 1

m 81

;

; === Target m 108 ===

;

#waituntil 1, 08-Jan-2010 22:59:29 ; UTC (23:59:29 local)

#count 16

#interval 300

#binning 1

m 108

;

; === Target ngc 3628 ===

;

#waituntil 1, 09-Jan-2010 00:41:39 ; UTC (01:41:39 local)

#count 15

#interval 300

#binning 1

ngc 3628

;

; === Target m 51 ===

;

#waituntil 1, 09-Jan-2010 02:17:34 ; UTC (03:17:34 local)

#count 10

#interval 300

#binning 1

m 51

;

; === Target m 64 ===

;

#waituntil 1, 09-Jan-2010 03:22:14 ; UTC (04:22:14 local)

#count 15

#interval 300

#binning 1

m 64

;

; === Target M101 ===

;

#waituntil 1, 09-Jan-2010 04:58:09 ; UTC (05:58:09 local)

#count 10

#interval 300

#binning 1

M101

;

; -----------

; END OF PLAN

; -----------

;

I can´t wait and I am looking forward to catching M64 as I have not seen that one yet.

It´s always nice to wake up in the morning not sure if everything has worked, been stolen or rained upon :)

2 clear nights in a row...I am feeling faint.

My planning involves looking through CdC for anything I like the look of. The ACP planner is just to put it in the correct format to run in ACP.

I don´t have time to play tonight so it is a case of setting it all going and hope.

I may have a quick play if my boy wakes me in the middle of the night....always a good excuse..get him to sleep and then check on the progress!

oh I have some great fancy software but I can´t seem to pin down why my RA plot keeps jumping every minute or so. its buggering up my images.

I have tightened the focuser and I slightly unbalanced the mount to try to put a slight load on it...

I am a bit lost at the moment. I will sit in the shed tomorrow staring blankly at the mount and randomly tightening things.

I am beginning to dream about the RA graph in my nightmares..

I am thinking of taking the RA apart and having a look just to see if that is a problem and regreasing it...even if that isn´t causing it, it is still worth doing.

Still, the M81 subs tonight are going well (RA seems ok at that position in the sky)

going to get 20 x 300s subs.

Sounds great Neil

I'm right into the whole automation thing (it's what I do for a job), although I've made a bit of my u-turn with my own kit. It was all running the other night and got covered in unexpected snow. I just use plate solving and auto-focusing now but still do a lot of manual things and check on it every so often

I suppose proper weather monitoring is the answer, it's not cheap though!

Yep, I am getting there slowly. I am an Automation Engineer as well but from the pharmaceutical side of things. So I tend to work with UFDF skids, purified water systems, fermenters...manly things that heat, presurise or filter.

I tend to be at the software end so I start getting confused when I have to do something mechanical (I understand how the work its just my hands don´t work properly!)

I started with B33 and a cloud passed by and the guiding threw a wobbly...so then started on M 81 and went to bed.

Got up at 2:30 and found that the camera link had gone so had to disconnect and reconnect the usb cable and de-ice the scope :-D

then started an M64 run (got 19 subs) and an M51 run (7subs and then the scopes iced again...but i was in bed)

The inside of the shed was completly iced up! I enjoyed it but am now in trouble for closing the shed roof before saying good morning to the guapa wife!

Doh!

Archived