Help needed with first scope...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite some way in one direction. I use the Worthing Astronomy Obs site when the weather is good but its a bit of a haul. Around 90 mins from me. My other site is Newlands Corner (just outside Guildford) its not as good but its a lot closer.

I scouted for some sites round the Dorking area last year but they all have problems really and Newlands Corner was the best I came up with.

This year one of my plans - assuming the weather gives me a few breaks, is to push off somewhere with REALLY dark skies for a week so that I can give the 200 a serious bash at some of the faint fuzzy stuff.

Newlands corner... I've been there before, its not too far away. It's good to know I don't have to travel to far to find a good site. Have you been to Astronomia in Dorking? If so any thoughts?? I was thinking of getting the scope from them.

Archived