New Atik 320E - watch this space.

I have in front of me a camera in the same case, I'd say, as the Atik 16ic/314L, but it is a prototype 320E monochrome. Hmmm, I hope it stops snowing soon! (We were merrily shooting the Jellyfish and M78 in the 4000s when it cut us off in our prime last night...)

So this new camera has a smallish chip but one which is a double millionaire in terms of pixels and will be at entry level price. This sounds like a promising way to get into CCD using a small refractor for which the chip should be ideal.

The one Atik have sent me is a mono so as soon as I can I'll get some images up with it. Very exciting!

Olly

I saw the notice on their yahoo group looks very nice.

I was also read a post where they had to admit they were looking at (not the same as producing by the way) a design with an 8300 ccd as they left the reference in the firmware updates :-D

Neil c

Atik support these...the issue is, do they have the high frame rate option now...? Art capture is not setup to work in the same way at AS Capture/Lucam recorder, very different fish at present...but they showed a high frame rate camera at Astrofest last year...

All good stuff!

Hello,

Thanks Olly for mentioning the Atik 320 and agreeing to give it a try. We are really looking forward to seeing how it performs in your hands.

We have a few new products we are announcing today and Monday so its a busy run up to Christmas for us. I would love to share these with SGL and take any questions. Anyone know if this would be allowed?

Cheers

Steve C

Atik

Archived