NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pickering's triangle in HST palette

GordonH

Hi All

I have been doing a project of the three main components of the veil nebula complex in narrow band and have recently posted NGC6960 (Witches Broomstick) here, I have finally managed to get sufficient data for Pickerings Triangle which I started over 2 weeks ago when I managed to get the Ha and half of the OIII, last night I managed to get the rest of the OIII and the SII data. It is 21x10 minutes for each filter and the HST palette is used so SII=Red, Ha=Green and OIII=Blue. It was taken with a Takahashi BRC-250 and Starlight Xpress H36 with 12nm Astronomik filters on a Paramount ME autoguided with a Starlight Xpress Lodestar/TMB 115 combination, dithering was used in Maxim DL. Both nights were hampered by thin misty cloud in the upper atmosphere which may account for the noise still present in the image. The NGC6960 image can be seen on the Nebulae 2 page in the image gallery of my website Imaging The Heavens - Home Page. On to NGC6992 now (weather permitting:D), thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877397914_thumb.jpg

Archived