NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

FFII adapter?

Whippy

how about a borg t thread to m57 adapter with a borg m57 filter drawer in the middle and another borg m57 to t thread on the end but male this time to connect camera side

i think the back focus is 17.5mm on the 16hr so it still leaves you 38.5mm to play with, i think that is doable with borg adapters :D

steve

I like your thinking Steve, especially as I'm guessing it all screws together but there's one minor thing. I use a IR cut filter and a LP filter at the same time so unless you can double stack the filters in the drawer, it's a no go :D.

Tony..

is the ff2 not threaded to accept a 48mm filter so you can just put the ir cut filter on the bottom of the ff2 or you could by an idas/cls ccd which are ir blocked anyway

mind you anything is easier than delving in the borg parts bin i kid you not :D

:D I have heard the Borg way of doing things is slightly trickier!

I do use an IDAS filter Steve, but AFAIK the older versions do not have IR cut and since I bought mine second hand, I have no way of knowing, so I just add the IR cut filter on top and it's not been an issue until now :). Plus all my filters are 1.25" so the 2" insert could well be threaded but again, it's not much good to me.

Not doing well here am I?

Tony..

oh [removed word] :)

mind you a 2" ir cut filter on the bottom of the field flattener,is not big dosh anyway

what about the gerd i think it may be newman who steve L got his filter drawer from, could he not sort it out for you

if not i have a contact who could make it i am sure :D

i think that can be adapted with a filter inside with a little playing about

yes i am going with eddie but i do not know which pitch i am on yet. i think i on the field where they have the stalls on saturday, i am with the solar boys as i am going to try out my new solar toy, i just hope the trees dont get in the way of proper night time imaging :)

i will have some borgs with me with some m57 adapters so we can try and see if it works then if you want :D

Archived