Various DSOs from the last week

jonathancd

Hello,

we had one of the best clear runs of weather in ages last week which made for good imaging. Was able to chalk up a few new objects including a first go at Andromeda (very tricky to process and shamed by Olly's amazing recent effort)) and the Dumbell and NGC7789 (Rose Cluster) plus a new go at the double cluster which is much better than my attempts from the spring. They were all shot unguided with an equinox 80 and modded 300d on a vixen sphinx. 30 -40 one minute subs for everything except Andromeda which was about 40 2 minute subs. Some of the stars are a bit egg shape as I am relying on the polarscope. Thinking about guiding as I cant get my head round drift aligning.

These show to me what a modded camera and CLS clip filter can do in East London. Grateful for view advice or reprocessing.

thanks for looking

Jonathan

Equinox 80

Vixen Sphinx SXW

Hutech 300D

Nextstar 8SE

post-14341-133877394387_thumb.jpg

post-14341-133877394394_thumb.jpg

post-14341-1338773944_thumb.jpg

post-14341-133877394406_thumb.jpg

Archived