NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M27 - LRGB

GordonH

Hi All

I managed to get out last night despite a bad boutof laryngitis (must have kept the neighbours awake with my coughing - still it gets my own back for the security lights going on and off all the time). I thought I would have a go at one of the earliest targets that I tried when I first started imaging with my Meade system 3 years ago so I aimed at M27. I wasn't sure about exposure times as this is a fairly bright planetary nebula and with the f5 of the BRC-250 I decided on 2 minute subframes of which I took 24 for luminance using a CLS filter and 15 each for RGB. No calibration was used. My earlier (and rather pathetic attempt) can be seen at the beginning of the nebulae page in the image gallery on my website http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk for comparsison

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877390418_thumb.jpg

Definitely an improvement Gordon, I very much like the colors. Hmmm, interesting idea, using the cls for luminance and then straight rgb for color. I've always struggled to get the color right with the cls, this looks like it works pretty well. That's a great idea actually, I think I may give it a try, thanks!

Daniel

Archived