NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lunar images (1st from new C8 Setup)

EA2007

First pics from my new C8 OTA on the (N)EQ-6 Pro.

I am quite impressed for a quick attempt : )

Sweet mount, I had it set-up inside only pointing roughtly north, whacked it onto Lunar tracking and it stayed with the moon for 30 mins!

Opened the door in the back room and let the C8 do its thing, the pics are slightly out of focus but this was just around sunset i.e. 1 hour ago and the air currents nearby affected the images.

Random exposure times and around an ISO320 level, taken at prime focus with an Olympus E-400 dSLR.

I will put on one taken with a 2 x barlow lens attached, however it is quite out-focused!

post-13839-133877388267_thumb.jpg

post-13839-133877388275_thumb.jpg

post-13839-133877388282_thumb.jpg

post-13839-13387738829_thumb.jpg

post-13839-133877388298_thumb.jpg

Have the top three been cropped at all, this is a similiar view that I have with my OMC 140 @ 2000mm FL (must get used to my stitching technique).

Good start, bet you can't wait for better conditions.

Paul

Cheers,

No they're straight out the bag, well tube! No cropping, no enhancements.

There is a terrific amount of detail to be had in those first shots.

I am struggling at the moment with the shutter speed with my OMC.

At F14 the shutter is open more than i would like, so i have to raise the ISO more than i really want too to achieve a reasonable exposure.

I'm looking forward to more of your prime focus shots with the C8 in good conditions and you should be able to nail the focus to the floor.

Paul

Thankyou!

Yeh, I get what you mean about exp. times. Adding the barlow to mine significantly increases the exp. time...not loads but noticeable.

Perhaps try a focal reducer, even a 0.5x one might help, it will widen the FOV and may lose some contrast but your exp. times will be shortened.

I'll try and get some more pics in, the moons a little low at the moment, I don't have great views of the sky from my backgarden.

All I can see really is:

SW to W anywhere from 10 degrees to zenith.

W to NW the same although I have the edge of a house in the way and a streetlight

N is the house, so all I can see is just below polaris by about 10 degrees

NE to E is the same, can't see M31 until about midnight

E is a hedge about 20 degrees high

E to SE is trees about 50 degrees high

SE to S is the same

So not brilliant : )

Good luck with yours though.

Archived