SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Live video feed of telescope images on the Internet

mike.brightmore

Hi to all of you

Can I impose by trying to find some help in putting together a few ideas buzzing around my befuddled old brain.

Strand 1

I love watching the live NASA video / audio feeds from the Space shuttle and International Space Station - especially just before or after watching a visible ISS pass. It give a real sense of being part of what is going on up there. This is even better when, like now, the shuttle is docked with the ISS. Links for this are in the SGL Space News section or you can use: NASA - NASA TV

Strand 2

I often attach a video camera to my scope so I can send a live feed of whatever the telescope is looking at to a TV monitor in my shed or int the house. This can be attached to a PC's USB port just like a web cam but requires a video grabber software to see or record the image. There is a thread on 'Remote TV images' in the 'Imaging - Sketches and Unconventional' section at; http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-sketches-unconventional/79493-remote-tv-images-unconventional.html

Strand 3

What I would now like to do is to put these live video images onto the internet so that friends and family (including my daughter in Canada) and anyone else who is interested will be able to log on and see live pictures of what my scope is looking at. I have tried doing this on Skype by switching from the default webcam to the telescope video camera but it doesn't work.

Strand 4

As well as all the beautiful astro pics and sketches on SGL I would love to see live images of what other observers are looking at - particularly if they haven't got the clouds that I often have. So there could even be a section here with links to live video feeds - a bit like an ongoing internet star party where you can have a look through other people's telescopes.

Anyway the real point is does anyone know how to get the live video feed onto the internet? I don't have my own web site. Also does anyone already do this? If so I would love to have the link.

Archived