NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

QHY5 Maximum exposure times ?

Hi all ,can anybody tell me the maximum exposure time on a QHY5?

It says on their website that it can be used for lunar/planetary imaging and also "Experimenting " with deeps sky stuff but doesnt tell you for how long.

Cheers

Daz:headbang:

Hi all, the software provided with the qhy5 only goes up to 5s by slider, but if you hit the calculator icon next to it you can tap whatever exposure length you like into it, it's been a while since I used the program and found that feature by accident!

EQMod replaces the synscan handset and anyone who uses EQMod does so for the many benefits (all free) it offers over synscan, too many to mention, you still plug the qhy5 into the HEQ5's ST4 port.

AH! Thats very interesting. Didnt realise you could use EQMOD and plug direct into ST4.

Now iam realy am confused as to what to do.

Iam looking for my first camera ,and was going to get a QHY5 for guiding then saving up for a DSI Mk2 for imaging.

Then some one suggested getting a 2nd hand DSI mk 1 and that way i can have a go at deep space stuff and could also use it as a guide cam when i get my main imaging cam.

What would you do?

Cheers

Daz

Hi all, the software provided with the qhy5 only goes up to 5s by slider, but if you hit the calculator icon next to it you can tap whatever exposure length you like into it, it's been a while since I used the program and found that feature by accident!

EQMod replaces the synscan handset and anyone who uses EQMod does so for the many benefits (all free) it offers over synscan, too many to mention, you still plug the qhy5 into the HEQ5's ST4 port.

a) You can't be serious ??? :)

Cheers Reggie I'll have to try that !

:headbang: I don't use the ST-4 cable or port, I let PHD guide thru EQmod, so it's just the USB from the cam to the lappy, then, under the "mount" tab in PHD click ASCOM instead of On Camera, if I were to use the ST-4

HTH, Karlo

Archived