NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

can't find correct image finder scopes

Hi,

I want to buy a replacement for my default finderscope that goes with sky-watcher 1309 and produces inverted image. But after googling I was able to find only this one

Orion Right Angle Correct-Image Finder Scopes - Telescope.com

Am I missing something or is there really only one correct image finder in the market? :icon_salut:

This one looks strange and I am not sure if it fits my scope. Also it is more expensive than common finders I sow on ebay (85$ vs 10$) and I am not sure if that price difference is worth it. So could you tell me what correct-image finders you use?

If you are talking about the right angled finder, it is more comfortable than trying to get under the straight through version when looking at objects closer to the zenith...Well....i find it is anyway...

Mine is an Antares 7x50 correct image finder. It has an interchangeable ep, which the Skywatcher doesn't appear to have. Not something you really need, but it allows me to loosen the ep and reposition the crosshairs.

I bought the correct image finder for my Newt, as I thought the semi corrected version would be confusing with the inverted view in the Newt's ep. I think I was right, as it works well with the Newt. If I had bought an optical finder for the refractor, it would have been the regular star diagonal version.

Archived