Moon, Is it out of collimation

gonzostar

The evening of 17th October was a full moon, Due to its brightness I was left to take a picture of it. I decided to go for the craters and mountain range at the northwestern side of moon. No idea the names of craters though. 
Is it my processing or is the C8 still out of collimation?

Telescope C8 at F20
Camera ZWO385MS
Processed using PIPP, AutoStakkert, registax, PS
Cheers Dean
Moon1600fver03.thumb.png.c227f83335ced70288d7c4394f86f6ce.png

It's pretty much impossible to tell if the scope is miscollimated from a lunar image, to determine this you need to look at a star.

While the scope might well be out of collimation the blurry image could just as easily be caused by bad seeing or the focusing being slightly off.

• Like 2

Chasing perfect focus could be insufficient cool down, poor seeing and or poor collimation.

You can see if the scope is not fully cooled by defocussing slightly whilst looking at a star and checking for a vertical disruption to the concentric rings above the central point.

Here is an excellent guide to collimation….

http://www.astrophoto.fr/collim.html

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MartianHill said:

Chasing perfect focus could be insufficient cool down, poor seeing and or poor collimation.

You can see if the scope is not fully cooled by defocussing slightly whilst looking at a star and checking for a vertical disruption to the concentric rings above the central point.

Here is an excellent guide to collimation….

http://www.astrophoto.fr/collim.html

Thanks for information, probably all issues named above 😁