panel gap so big i thought it was a Tesla

Thanks for the info and the individual subs. Its great to compare and see the impact of the filter, it really makes the nebula stand out from the background and significantly reduces the number of visible stars. I have attached a comparable sub from my 80ED, same exposure length and temp, IMX571 basically same sensor technology and pixel size just bigger overall size. Shot with just the inbuilt IV/UV filter from B4 skies.

I can't see any halos in your subs and focussing looks good to me

Cheers

22-25-53_120.00s_100_-5.00_0008.fits

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PhilB61 said:

Thanks for the info and the individual subs. Its great to compare and see the impact of the filter, it really makes the nebula stand out from the background and significantly reduces the number of visible stars. I have attached a comparable sub from my 80ED, same exposure length and temp, IMX571 basically same sensor technology and pixel size just bigger overall size. Shot with just the inbuilt IV/UV filter from B4 skies.

Cheers

22-25-53_120.00s_100_-5.00_0008.fits 49.49 MB · 0 downloads

Definitely less stars, but doesnt seem to impact my polar alignment. Maybe I can't 3ppa while it's as light, but only cos I'm lazy and cba swapping in uvir cut :)

2 hours ago, PhilB61 said:

Cheers

22-25-53_120.00s_100_-5.00_0008.fits 49.49 MB · 0 downloads

i like your fov, otherwise from a quick look see, my subs and yours look similar. im guessing our 120 second subs are better for halos than 5 or 10 minute ones.

Seems an (too) easy solution, but at the cost of up to 5 times more subs to stack.

On 10/09/2024 at 15:04, PhilB61 said:

Cheers

22-25-53_120.00s_100_-5.00_0008.fits 49.49 MB · 4 downloads

i got an hour of usable subs on witches broom. looks decent for so little time. 120sec subs.

bright star has almost no halo, but i think sn++ did some odd stuff around it. only a quick preview though.

image.thumb.jpeg.e3408d9aaf6f000ec22851caa41932b0.jpeg

couldn't really add my solo east and west data either via stacking their subs or by including them as panels (gave weird artefacts) but this is ok i think for the maybe 6 or so total hours. which is not as much as i hoped.

if i get any clear skies before my 2" uv/ir cut arrives in the next few days, ill add more time, otherwise its M31 2 panel mosaic time :)

image.thumb.jpeg.0a8754a9a9e62b8a78f27c5c0b9c5eaa.jpeg

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

couldn't really add my solo east and west data either via stacking their subs or by including them as panels (gave weird artefacts) but this is ok i think for the maybe 6 or so total hours. which is not as much as i hoped.

if i get any clear skies before my 2" uv/ir cut arrives in the next few days, ill add more time, otherwise its M31 2 panel mosaic time :)

image.thumb.jpeg.0a8754a9a9e62b8a78f27c5c0b9c5eaa.jpeg

Well done Tiff, that's a nicely processed image right there.

Good detail, nice colour, and the panel joins are not obvious at all. More data would pull out more of the background Ha and OIII, but I see M31 is calling you.....

Keep it up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WolfieGlos said:

Well done Tiff, that's a nicely processed image right there.

Good detail, nice colour, and the panel joins are not obvious at all. More data would pull out more of the background Ha and OIII, but I see M31 is calling you.....

Keep it up!

Depends on moon and weather. No massive rush m31 still going up :) I'm hoping much more time on target, being higher up will do better than my earlier effort. Very gradienty :(

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Like 1