Nirvana eyepieces

13 hours ago, hal9550 said:

I would love to know how a shootout between these two works out! 

Me too, though I'd be very surprised if the CUE (=UFF)  was trumped.....I can find no fault with it.

1 hour ago, cajen2 said:

Me too, though I'd be very surprised if the CUE (=UFF)  was trumped.....I can find no fault with it.

Yea everywhere i have looked it is praised - the honorary morpheus - iv been really trying to grade things on a cost Versus Quality equation - it doesnt really apply here, because the difference in price between the UFF and the Nirvana is about 30 euro - i expect il probably end up with a UFF despite not being 82 degrees

The equation does come into play when comparing ES82s, Morphs, and other EPs - so im still reading!

The 30mm UFF is what I use as a low power eyepiece.  I haven't found a 30mm better-corrected, though the 31mm Nagler ties it (but has more chromatic aberration near the edge).

The 30mm UFF is available as:

APM Ultra Flat Field 30mm (Germany)

Celestron Ultima Edge 30mm (US)

Altair Astro Ultra Flat 30mm (UK)

Sky Rover Ultra Flat Field 30mm (PRC)

Stellalyra Ultra Flat Field 30mm (UK)

TecnoSky Ultra Flat Field 30mm (Italy)