Help with N.I.N.A. and DSLR

Hi all,

yesterday evening i tried my first astrophotogray session, but with no result at all.

First of all, my setup: SkyWatcher Explorer Newton 200P and Canon EOS 4000D.

The sky wasn't really good, but the problem is another one: noise.

I have attached my DSLR to my laptop and used N.I.N.A. as acquisition software, but once i shooted my first photo (for focusing) a lot of noise as been prodcuted.

Me and a friend of mine, tried a lot of settings (concerning ISO ad Exopsure times) but with no result.

Yesterday the connection between DSLR and the telescope was made by: T-Ring -> nose 1.25" ->  Eyepiece adaptor -> focuser.

Now i'm tring some settings and i modified my connection, at the moment is -> DSLR -> T-Ring -> Focuser.

I attach a test photo made with this settings:

- 1 sec of exposure

- 100 gain

- caps on telescope (kinda of dark frame)

- focuser low

Am i doing someting wrong that i have so much noise?

Thanks to all and clear skies

2024-07-28_14-51-28__33c_1.00s_0000.cr2

Hello @loris1243 I use Backyard EOS with my Canon EOS T2i and my astrocams with NINA. This is because NINA is heavily aimed toward using an astrocamera. Maybe somebody will have more experience to make them work toghether but my experience was not succesfull. 

• Like 1

I had no issues with Nina and my  600d

Iso800 and one or two minutes subs.

Don't use iso100 use 800 maybe 1600

Try longer exposures.

Also try using live view and maybe 6400iso 

Practice during daylight on a distant object to get focus close.

Also don't worry about noise too much, a lot can be calibrated out and longer total integration times.

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, loris1243 said:

@TiffsAndAstro do you have the same scope as me? How do you connect your DSLR tò the scope? Mine big problem Is that, once i tried to polar align, i saw only Blur and no stars

Don't have the same scope, sorry.

You should watch some videos on attaching dslr to a Newtonian. There can be issues getting the camera sensor close enough to the secondary, but there are solutions.

Remember you can experiment with this in daylight to get focus. Then only slight adjustments should be needed at night.

Edited by TiffsAndAstro