NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jackery

Trying to find a decent battery and solar panel to power my astrophotography setup, loads of astronomers seem to recommend Jackery so I gave them a punt during their Father's Day sale.

Their online specs are vague and I hadn't realised their DC connectors are not a standard size, even after trying a few adaptors from Amazon and eBay nothing had the right 'bite' for me to be sure everything would stay connected when in the middle of a session, so I initiated a return.

They were at first quick to issue the returns authorisation, but were extremely rude about the process. When I said the returns form doesn't say where to return it, I was told to Google it. I then warned them that the drop off places near to me won't work as they're all lockers and the solar panel is too big and if they could do a pickup, but they said I could instead return it at my own expense. After a long drive I eventually found somewhere return it and it quickly arrived at their warehouse then... nothing, I've been ghosted ever since.

They stopped responding to my emails even when I threatened to do a chargeback. I called repeatedly and they answered, saying sorry and a refund will be with me in 7-10 days, but nothing.

Ended up doing an Amex chargeback to get my money back. They still haven't responded to my emails.

• Sad 4