ic 59 (and ic 63 for free)

was clear a bit last night, managed about 90 minutes between clouds, got 82 x 60 sec usable subs. also too a 180sec and 300sec test sub, as i don't believe the rms numbers in nina/phd2 anymore.

obviously, this needs a lot more time and i seem to still have focus tube slop (?) on the right hand side. and that star is bright :( star net++ via siril extracts its halo along with the nebula...

ic595340sec.thumb.jpg.12ee8e28e2e70d26e73cb72745598627.jpg

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
Stars to nebula
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Elp said:

Tis a very bright star

I can almost get rid of it experimenting with background extraction. I'm not deleting the data. Maybe unpurple in gimp immediately after back ground extraction might help. Also layers in gimp once I learn how they work :)

Maybe narrowband stars?

Was you using the IR cut filter?

You can also maybe do some sort of composite, remove the bright star from the long exposure stack and overlay with a shorter sub exposure stack.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Elp said:

Was you using the IR cut filter?

You can also maybe do some sort of composite, remove the bright star from the long exposure stack and overlay with a shorter sub exposure stack.

Yes to using UV/ir cut filter. It seems most images of ic59 have it. Makes me wonder how bright and big alnitak gonna be for my horsehead efforts 

Alnitak doesn't produce such a large glow compared to what you've got here, it's more of a halo.

But I don't know if something's going on with that filter of yours. I'll check my image of this target later.

Edited by Elp
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Elp said:

Alnitak doesn't produce such a large glow compared to what you've got here, it's more of a halo.

But I don't know if something's going on with that filter of yours. I'll check my image of this target later.

i cheated by cloning in gimp.  was clearish last night so i was bored while imaging. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8b5a8a32608769c907005caa81830ba2.jpeg