Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Xbox 12V 16A/12A power supply

Vroobel

Hi, 

I mentioned several times that I use Xbox 12V 16A PSUs for powering my setups. Today I finished adapting a similar 12A Xbox PSU for home reasons, because the 16A ones are fastened to mounts kept in a shed. 

Powering my four setups base on 2-pin GX16 aviation plugs and sockets while each one includes a lot of cables terminated with 5.5/2.1mm plugs for an ASIAir or AstroPC and devices. Many times I had to do something around the stuff at home so I realised that another small and efficient PSU is needed. 

As the Xbox PSUs are glued and unable to open I designed and printed an external box which now contains two 2-pin GX16 and two 5.5/2.1mm sockets. There is also a small switch for turning the PSU on. The PSU usually is in a stand-by mode (orange LED) , but after connecting two separated, unrelated to the 12V output wires it turns on (green LED). The box is fastened to a top of the PSU surface using a strong 3M/Scotch double-sided elastic tape. It's functional, compact, and safe as there is no need to operate inside the PSU. 

BTW, the PSUs contain small fans, so they aren't silent, but also aren't noisy. 

I can share STL files with info about parts needed if someone is interested. Using GX12 system is also possible but it requires another project. 

IMG_20240614_103241__01.thumb.jpg.a18dbaa69ba652e4667c8b106f060ef4.jpg

IMG_20240614_103546__01.thumb.jpg.8e39c372866d33819ede4b8e011db359.jpg

Edited by Vroobel
  • Like 7