NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EdgeHD 8 first light with 585mc

JonHigh

Hi All. Just got round to processing the first lunar image taken with my trusty ASI585mc attached to the EdgeHD8 at prime focus. It’s a few weeks ago when I took it and wasn’t under the best conditions. Really looking forward to more opportunities and maybe Barlow it up?!22_36_06_pipp_lapl2_ap17696n.thumb.jpeg.72916e345ed9455c68940e7928814874.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Thanks. Yup this scope has definitely got me back into Lunar imaging. Need to dig the Barlow out! I did attempt to capture M51 as first attempt at DSO with the EdgeHD but the weather was not playing ball so PHD2 was having major issues. Only got a couple of hours in the end. Plus I’m waiting for a Bahtinov Mask to arrive. Posted it on SGL a couple of weeks ago.  By all accounts what I did get was impressive so happy days for the future if only this blessed UK weather would start to behave. 

Edited by JonHigh
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, JonHigh said:

Thanks. Yup this scope has definitely got me back into Lunar imaging. So will be doing more. I did attempt to capture M51 as first attempt at DSO with the EdgeHD but the weather was not playing ball so only got a couple of hours in and PHD2 was having major issues. Plus I’m waiting for a Bahtinov Mask to arrive. Posted it on SGL a couple of weeks ago.  By all accounts what I did get was impressive so happy days for the future if only this blessed UK weather would start to behave. 

the weather is terrible. in fact its worse than terrible, its ok enough at times to look promising, only for that promise to disappear as soon as i've set up and polar aligned :(

multiple times. 

im a master of unlucky imaging ;(

with your gear m51 would be my first choice of target. if an image of one galaxy eating another isn't cool, i dunno what is.

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Like 1

The weather has been absolutely dire. Almost every time I think oooh. Its looks good but it’s not! Not at all. 
Indeed!!! M51 is one of my favourites but I do want to capture M63. Took it some time ago with my refractor and came out well but with the Edge it will look great 🤞🏻

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JonHigh said:

The weather has been absolutely dire. Almost every time I think oooh. Its looks good but it’s not! Not at all. 
Indeed!!! M51 is one of my favourites but I do want to capture M63. Took it some time ago with my refractor and came out well but with the Edge it will look great 🤞🏻

too small for me to go for :(  but ive seen some really nice images of it.