NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

An auspicious occasion

Ags

This week I changed from working full time to 80%, so no work for me today :)  Less pay of course, but more time. This meant last night was an Astronomy Night, and I managed to catch 12 minutes on M27 before the weather gods realized what was going on and quickly sent over some cloud. But at least I got to set up my equipment and do polar alignment, and I shot some calibration frames afterwards, so not a total loss. But 12 minutes of M27 gives a pretty bright image actually, I can harly imagine what 4 hours would give me!

image.thumb.jpeg.61773a4252a70333af59f6bcd224c190.jpeg

• Like 16

Posted (edited)

I think my Duo filter and GraXpert denoising did most of the work! But this is with an uncooled camera.

Edited by Ags
  • Like 4

Thanks. it was taken with my Hackstrograph v2 - an RC6 with an SCT 6.3 reducer, ASI485MC camera and a ZWO Duo filter. One minute subs, gain 200.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After last night. I think I need many more hours to get the faint outser regions which show up on some extreme stretches.

image.thumb.jpeg.a23390cebd7cd79fe8bf9adafd956d96.jpeg

• Like 4

I added another 90 minutes and can start to see some faint stuff coming through now.

image.thumb.jpeg.89d16dc06b47c05c87285411c29e4bfe.jpeg

I'll carry on adding to this as I am still seeing improvements but I will add a few more targets to the mix each night now - I don't want to spend all of Summer on one thing! So got 40 minutes on the Veil at the end of the session:

image.thumb.jpeg.beb831d391e469fccc7cf94eeab9ab65.jpeg

I'll try to do an hour on each every clear night. I need to get a bigger battery though...

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Ags said:

I don't want to spend all of Summer on one thing!  

Don't give up! It's impressive, indeed, but make it brain-smashing! 😁

I think it would be my next target after the Crescent (when I finally finish it...) 🤔

Screenshot_20240609-140115.jpg.eb0622ce83c92f01e8b1090d2c84663e.jpg

Edited by Vroobel
  • Like 1