NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Elephant's Trunk Nebula Reprocessed

I decided to reprocess some old data on this target to help me learn some new (to me anyway) Pixinsight tools, primarily GHS and Colour Masks. I found some You tube videos from Lukomatico and Lochaber very helpful in this respect.

50 x 300s guided lights + darks + flats 

Starfield 102/HEQ5 Pro/ ASI 533MC Pro

I'm sure the colour is not quite right yet but it's been fun to reach this point and take some small steps forward

IC1396GHSetcv1-01-02.thumb.jpeg.dc9904d28c46cd9362d16fc458ec3800.jpeg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sarek, nice image and nicely processed. Was this RGB or using a narrowband filter?

I saw this image pop up the other day on a local “I love ( insert town name here)” Facebook group that was suggested to me …I assume it was you that posted it? 

On 02/06/2024 at 02:53, WolfieGlos said:

Hi Sarek, nice image and nicely processed. Was this RGB or using a narrowband filter?

I saw this image pop up the other day on a local “I love ( insert town name here)” Facebook group that was suggested to me …I assume it was you that posted it? 

Thanks Chris. This was RGB and yes that was me!

Vaughan

• Like 1