Hi all I am upgrading my 150 quattro,just wondering if anyone as done a upgrade on the focusers of the 150 and what focuser you used without breaking the bank.🤔

I haven't owned a Quattro but have upgraded the focuser on several Newtonians and the Baader Steeltrack is great upgrade to the stock focusers supplied with the scopes. They are not quite a Feather touch and don't have the price tag either. However they are a solid and well trusted unit which works very well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bosun21 said:

I haven't owned a Quattro but have upgraded the focuser on several Newtonians and the Baader Steeltrack is great upgrade to the stock focusers supplied with the scopes. They are not quite a Feather touch and don't have the price tag either. However they are a solid and well trusted unit which works very well.

Ok thanks for info, did you have to get a mounting adapter plate with the steelltrack

1 minute ago, Albir phil said:

Ok thanks for info, did you have to get a mounting adapter plate with the steelltrack

No. It comes with a paper template showing the mounting holes. There is a video or two on YouTube showing how to fit them. I fitted mine without a template. Just measured it out.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

No. It comes with a paper template showing the mounting holes. There is a video or two on YouTube showing how to fit them. I fitted mine without a template. Just measured it out.

Great I'll look it up thanks👍

• Like 1

I have four Baader Diamond Steeltrack focusers and three Feathertouch focusers. When @bosun21 says above that the BDS is not quite an FT, what he’s actually saying is that the BDS is not _total perfection_, which is what an FT is. But the BDS is very, very good indeed.

Magnus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1