NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Will the Celestron Inspire 100AZ work with the EQ6-R Pro?

I've been looking for telescope mounts that can track the sky, and I've decided on the EQ6-R Pro. However, before I buy it I just want to make sure that my telescope will actually fit on the mount. My telescope is the Celestron Inspire 100AZ. According to their website, it uses a CG-3 dovetail bar. I've tried looking on a multitude of websites to check if the EQ6-R Pro supports CG-3, but none of them mention it.

Hi @capeworks and welcome to SGL. :hello2:

Assuming your dovetail bar is the same width as ‘generic’ Vixen dovetail bars, you should be ok.

According to Sky-Watcher USA, it says that the ‘hybrid’ saddle is Losmandy and Vixen compatible.

Edited by RT65CB-SWL

I looked up the Inspire 100 AZ and was surprised to find it was an entry level achromatic telescope (I had assumed it was an expensive APO).

Nothing wrong with putting it on an EQ-6R Pro if that's what you want to do. But I have the somewhat similar 102mm f5 Startravel achromat, which I use for EVAA imaging. It is mounted on a EQ-5 Pro Synscan mount, which works just fine with it.  I even had to buy a lighter counterweight.

The Star Adventurer GTi or EQ5 pro both are more then adequate for the 100az , though one might be thinking of future  proofing .

The latter rated handling 5kg for Apo  or 9kg vis capacity.