Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sky-Watcher AZ-GTiX owners.

I have a number of telescopes which I am happy to mount on manual alt/az mounts. But occassionally I would like to have a goto facility. My scopes are an ED 102 mm, Celestron C6 and an ED 80 mm. I would be interested to hear what telescopes Sky-Watcher AZ-GTiX owners put on this mount.

Th AZ-GTiX is a mount that I am considering. But have been told conflicting accounts. Refractors don't work well on this mount and others are reported to be ok.

Edited by Grump Martian
Added content

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I use Celestron C6 and Explore Scientific ED80 telescopes on my AZGTiX mount. It works OK overall, but I think I'm getting close to the load limit. There is vibration when focusing but it settles down within 2s or so.
Interestingly, the telescope on the left (ED80) often needs to be fine tuned with the auxiliary wheels on the left saddle. I suppose the L-bracket bends a bit under the weight of the telescope.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

PXL_20240513_160921603.jpg

PXL_20240513_160820069.jpg

PXL_20240512_212411244.jpg

PXL_20240512_212357169.jpg