Sky-Watcher synscan gps mouse setup

Hello to anyone who reads this and can hopefully help out

My name is Stephen little I'm in Oxford uk

And I'm trying to setup a gps mouse on my Sky-Watcher 350p FlexTube telescope. First off I'm an electronic mechanical engineer by trade  so I understand the mechanics of a telescope And I had the 250p basic scope but sold it as it was hard to keep lined up on even the moon

Anyway if got this new(used like new) Scope and I've loads of pictures and lots of toys but trying to sort the gps mouse out

I've managed to mount the unit on the base and the handset recognizes it all OK but it's says cone error etc

And I have the instructions fir the Scope and gps but if someone is willing to go though step by step It be awfully helpful 

I'm willing to give my cell number or email address to a helpful person 

Thanks to anyone who reads this

It's a great Scope and I've made loads of mods and willing to help with repairs and modification advice 

Kind regards steve 

On 13/03/2024 at 22:29, Stephen196360 said:

But it's says cone error etc

Cone error is an error pertaining to German equatorial mounts. If you are not using a German equatorial, this suggests you have a problem with the software.  In any case I do not see what this has to do with the GPS dongle.

On 13/03/2024 at 22:29, Stephen196360 said:

Hello to anyone who reads this and can hopefully help out

My name is Stephen little I'm in Oxford uk

And I'm trying to setup a gps mouse on my Sky-Watcher 350p FlexTube telescope. First off I'm an electronic mechanical engineer by trade  so I understand the mechanics of a telescope And I had the 250p basic scope but sold it as it was hard to keep lined up on even the moon

Anyway if got this new(used like new) Scope and I've loads of pictures and lots of toys but trying to sort the gps mouse out

I've managed to mount the unit on the base and the handset recognizes it all OK but it's says cone error etc

And I have the instructions fir the Scope and gps but if someone is willing to go though step by step It be awfully helpful 

I'm willing to give my cell number or email address to a helpful person 

Thanks to anyone who reads this

It's a great Scope and I've made loads of mods and willing to help with repairs and modification advice 

Kind regards steve 

Cone error (CE) value is reset when doing a three star alignment as opposed to two star and brightest star. Is it CE or NPE error that you are getting?

Hello mate 

I don't suppose you just go though a step by step

I kinda have an idea from the synscan booklet that came with the scope but there only seems to be about 3 pages 

Maybe I just need to take my time

Can the gps setup be done in the daytime  ?

4 hours ago, Stephen196360 said:

Can the gps setup be done in the daytime  ?

I would have thought that the GPS does not need to be set up. I have GPS built into one of my Celestron mounts and it just works if one turns the mount on, selects an alignment mode and waits a bit.

Reading between the lines, I think what you need help with is setting up and using the Synscan Goto equipment. The GPS mouse is just an add-on, and could be ignored for now. It's only function is to automatically input date/time/location information rather than having to enter it manually on the handset. (The GPS mouse should just work when plugged in, after a short time it will acquire it's location and update the info in the handset. I don't think any user intervention is required) 

However for the Synscan Goto system to function you will need the telescope to be in the correct starting position and to then undertake various alignment procedures. If this is what you need help with I am sure there are other DOB Goto users who will step in and give you some pointers. I have only used Synscan on a EQ mount and not in the last 18 months since I moved to iOptron so I'm not in a position to give detailed advice.