NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Player One Poseidon-C desiccant change

Hi all 

Does anyone know whether there is a desiccant inside Poseidon-C camera, if so, can it and how be exchanged. Can't find this information anywhere 

On 03/01/2024 at 11:08, Stefek said:

Hi all 

Does anyone know whether there is a desiccant inside Poseidon-C camera, if so, can it and how be exchanged. Can't find this information anywhere 

I asked the same question to Player One

I got quick answer from MrWang as below 

-Their cooled cameras are well sealed and they should be OK for several years in respect of sensor chamber humidity

-Their cameras do have a connection point for an external desiccant container should re-drying be required. The connection point is sealed with a rubber plug that is glued, however could be removed in order to connect an external desiccant container and re-dry. 

-External desiccant container will be made available in the future as an accessory for cameras and will be priced low.

So that makes my question fully answered. 

One remark from me:  I do have QHY and Touptek cameras and they also have re-drying by external container, so that the sensor is not exposed to dust if re-drying is required. The container , bag of desiccant and o-rings are delivered with cameras though.