Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jackery Explorer 240 vs EcoFlow River 2 (time pressure…..)

Neutrinosoup

Hi,

sorry for the second post on this subject, but I could do with some rapid advice as one of the two devices is on special offer for a few more hours only: (plus ive narrowed it down to two options)

1) Jackery Explorer 240 = cheaper with the reduction but looks like it has a shorter life expectancy 

2) EcoFlow river 2 = a bit more expensive but 3000 charges at greater than 80%. And I think the correct DC output? 12.6v

which of these two is best for an HEQ5 Pro?

Thanks

Niall

I have recently been looking at both these options but based on battery chemistry would go with the Ecoflow (also a better guarantee).

Jackery are discontinuing the Explorer range and replacing with the plus versions which explains the pricing.

Argos stock the Ecoflow if that’s something that helps?

Which one did you purchase Niall?  The Ecoflow River 2 does look like a good choice.  With 256Wh capacity supported by LiFePO4 chemistry, it checks all the boxes.  The similar 240Wh Jackery looks okay as well but “Lithium-ion” battery chemistry is not as appealing as the LiFePO4 chemistry of the Ecoflow River 2.  With a maximum DC 12-volt supply current of 8 amps and 10 amps respectively, both units can more than handle the needs of the average amateur astronomer.  I like these options better than the SinKeu Portable Power Station because their capacity numbers are more clearly stated than the weirdly inconsistent 27000mAh/99Wh figure listed for the SinKeu power station.  I could not figure out if it was a 27ah battery pack or an 8¼ah battery pack.  Why don’t those numbers match? Certainly, the product listing for a battery pack should be clear about the storage capacity of the unit.  

On 19/12/2023 at 00:31, Celerondon said:

Which one did you purchase Niall?  The Ecoflow River 2 does look like a good choice.  With 256Wh capacity supported by LiFePO4 chemistry, it checks all the boxes.  The similar 240Wh Jackery looks okay as well but “Lithium-ion” battery chemistry is not as appealing as the LiFePO4 chemistry of the Ecoflow River 2.  With a maximum DC 12-volt supply current of 8 amps and 10 amps respectively, both units can more than handle the needs of the average amateur astronomer.  I like these options better than the SinKeu Portable Power Station because their capacity numbers are more clearly stated than the weirdly inconsistent 27000mAh/99Wh figure listed for the SinKeu power station.  I could not figure out if it was a 27ah battery pack or an 8¼ah battery pack.  Why don’t those numbers match? Certainly, the product listing for a battery pack should be clear about the storage capacity of the unit.  

I’m going with Ecoflow 2 but haven’t bought yet……I broke my refractor monogamy to get an 8 inch Dobsonian first  (to use with my teenage daughter who has a nice mix of traditional “girl” hobbies as well as male dominated ones like chess and stealing my refractors….).

• Haha 2