Power & Guiding?

First, thank you for the responses to my previous topic.  Right now I feel the ZWO AM3 with the optional counter weight would be best for me.  Although the AM5 appears to have better performance, I feel it could be over kill for the focal lengths I plan on using.  Plus the lighter weight and smaller dimensions of the AM3 make it more portable, which is a plus for my type of work. 

So now onto what to choose to power and guide this thing? 

For power, I was looking at the Celestron Power Tank Lithium Pro.  This appears to be the best power bank that I can still fly with.  Any other options that are FDA approved?

For guiding, I have no idea.  Any recommendations?  Optimally I would prefer something that I can use to both guide and polar align.  I suspect that the best placement on the system for polar alignment would differ then for guiding, or I am totally wrong on this?  If those placements are different, I dont mind repositioning the guide after initial aligning in order to keep the system as compact as possible. 

Depends on the OTA.

Over about 1000mm Focal Length an Off Axis Guiding system is recommended, with a sensitive mono guide cam.

Below that focal length, a guidescope/guidecam combination that has a pixel scale of no larger than about 6arcsec/pixel,

Up to 3arcsec/pixel is best, according to the PHD2 developers.

With a mounting that does not include soft-tipped screws to hold the guidescope, which will lead to Differential Flexture and so elongated stars.

Michael

1 hour ago, michael8554 said:

Depends on the OTA.

Over about 1000mm Focal Length an Off Axis Guiding system is recommended, with a sensitive mono guide cam.

Below that focal length, a guidescope/guidecam combination that has a pixel scale of no larger than about 6arcsec/pixel,

Up to 3arcsec/pixel is best, according to the PHD2 developers.

With a mounting that does not include soft-tipped screws to hold the guidescope, which will lead to Differential Flexture and so elongated stars.

Michael

Good to know.  Thanks.