Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Spotter Scope Attachment.

I set up the spotter scope on my old Bushnell Voyager Reflector, for the first time in my ownership and was very pleased with the result.  However, after moving the equipment, I found that it had moved, despite being tight on the fixings.  A bit of wiggling and I found that the base was moving on the fixings.  I removed the spotter and found the fixings to the tube were tight and secure.  The movement was between the "cone" type knurled nuts and the baseplate.  Despite being tight, there was still play.  I decided to "mod"!  I cut a piece of tyre inner tube and made a gasket, to fit between the scope mounting and the reflector tube.  When I try it now, there is the slightest of "give" in the rubber gasket but the scope always returns to the position set, so you can touch or move it without fear of losing the setting. Result!

Spotterscope packing.jpg

Edited by Moonlune
  • Like 1