Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Dob - Taurus Inbound

Hello there SGLers,

After a few years of imaging I have decided to move back to where I started and spend more time under the stars (weather permitting) actually experiencing them with the naked eye.

I am in the process of talking to Adam at Taurus regarding a new scope delivery which is great because at least I get to spec it the way I would like. Interestingly, Astroshop are claiming that they do not ship any Taurus scopes out of the EU - so that route was closed off to me from the beginning.

Must admit, I am quite looking forward to when it arrives (months from now) and I hope to be able to start sketching at the eyepiece to try and truly see the objects.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, arrayschism said:

@cajen2 I have gone for a T400... lead time was 6 months or so but there is a Pro float glass mirror kicking about in Poland - coatings 96%, 1/8 p-V or better with a certificate. so I have gone with that.

Now that sounds really good. I have the feeling you're going to be very pleased with your acquisition!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 15/11/2023 at 04:47, arrayschism said:

Hello there SGLers,

After a few years of imaging I have decided to move back to where I started and spend more time under the stars (weather permitting) actually experiencing them with the naked eye.

I am in the process of talking to Adam at Taurus regarding a new scope delivery which is great because at least I get to spec it the way I would like. Interestingly, Astroshop are claiming that they do not ship any Taurus scopes out of the EU - so that route was closed off to me from the beginning.

Must admit, I am quite looking forward to when it arrives (months from now) and I hope to be able to start sketching at the eyepiece to try and truly see the objects.

Hi there!

I ordered the T500 around a month ago. So the wait begins. What size did you order? Love to hear your report! And did you go black metal or wood? I went with metal with all the bells and whistles including the "professional" primary.

I will be posting an unboxing and review sometime in June hopefully!

Good Luck with the new scope!

Ron