NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Az GTi pc connection alt az

nickp87

Hi all.

Quick question for you. I know that you can control the GTi/GTe from pc/laptop with an eqmod cable, but it has to be in eq mode on a wedge, this is fine, but can the mount be controlled in alt az mode from pc? And if so what cable would you need.

Looks to control all my mounts from a dedicated pc for EAA.  

Thanks 

I used the same cable for use in both alt/a and eq mode, note that although generically called an eq mod cable you don't need use the eq mod software it works fine directly with the skywatcher pc software.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PhilB61 said:

I used the same cable for use in both alt/a and eq mode, note that although generically called an eq mod cable you don't need use the eq mod software it works fine directly with the skywatcher pc software.

Thanks for the clarification, the FLO website makes it seem that it wouldn't work.

This is good to know. I am going to put a PC at the scope for EAA and wanted to control the AZ-GTi in alt-az mode without having to use the mounts buit-in wifi. Everything I had read so far made me think this wasn't possible unless the mount was in EQ mode.

Thanks