NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Spying on next door >check latest pic at bottom of thread ! (but left tops ones and the story behind them)

powerlord

"These milkywayers - spying on us all the time. We have no privacy any more"

is probably what those pesky Andromedians are saying.

6 hours of RGB wideband from last night - redcat 200pds  and asi2600.

I was going to shoot some Ha for it too, and maybe I still will, but to be honest, Im not sure it needs it ?

stu

m31.thumb.jpg.d7881b59cedc7ffaa0174e743aabbdc6.jpg

and magenta removed (kinda prefer it with it if I'm honest):

m31-nomag.thumb.jpg.ab9f5a7080d1174bbf2c3d605818b91d.jpg

Edited by powerlord
  • Like 5

hold on, what the hell am I talking about. that was shot on my 200pds!!!

I was shooting sh2-126 on the redcat! which also explains why my sh2-126 was looking terrible as I've used the flats from the 200pds!!

I'll update post. thanks Olly - duh.

• Haha 3

yeh, so... I'll reprocess this as I used flats from the redcat on it. I did realise at the time, the flats hadn't really worked here, but as there was lots of sensor mist in the morning since I'd forgot to switch anti-dew on AGAIN, I figured it was just that - some of the subs must have had a bit of mist - so just worked harder to extract the background. However in so doing, now that I've reintegrated it with the RIGHT flats, I can see i've stripped off the faintest bits in the process... so I'll update once it's redone

Well, processed with the CORRECT flats, I think you'll agree, this is a tiny wee bit better... definitely the deepest M31 I've managed so far. I'm pretty happy with that. 😃

I've purposefully dialled back my use of noiseX here as there's such a lot of tiny fine detail, removing more of the noise was hurting those fine details.

m31-properflats.thumb.jpg.47bf4fce1c43091dacfb30f5eff1b515.jpg

Here's a weird looking wee galaxy. I looked it up on NOMAD but not much there about it:

Screenshot2023-09-10at22_10_16.thumb.png.8a6d6958f223ebfd02d17164fffa3093.png

• Like 5

• powerlord changed the title to Spying on next door >check latest pic at bottom of thread ! (but left tops ones and the story behind them)