ASI 120 MMS - with or without the UV & IR filter & other tips

Bivanus

I have use it as a guide cam , no filter there so it can see as many as stars possibly - worked like a charm.

However , I would like to use it a bit for planetary , since currently I am hunting some Naglers the imaging side shall be underfunded for the foreseeable future thus I'll have to get the most from what I have. Been seeing some nice images that were taken using the 120's both mono and color , if you are using/have used it , any advices and tips are welcomed.

The ASI120MM has a clear protect filter so a UV/IR cut filter would be recommened for planetary imaging.

I posted some tips here and further down on using Firecapture but they will apply to whatever software you use.

Focal ratio should optimally be around 4 x pixel size in microns. The ASI120 has 3.75um pixels so aim for around f15 focal ratio by using a barlow of powermate with your scope if you can.

Alan

• Like 1