NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Iris through the cloud

sinbad40

So i have managed to get 19 x 5min subs of the Iris. Over cooked it to try and see if the dark dust would come through :( .  Hope to get double the data tonight and see what happens. if all goes well, i will try and do a better job of the processing etc.  Still happy with it, sort of.

iris.jpg

• Like 2

One of my favourite targets, and also my nemesis. It's extremely difficult extracting the dark dust from this, you have to be very careful where you place your sample points when doing a background extraction at the pre process stage.

6 minutes ago, Elp said:

One of my favourite targets, and also my nemesis. It's extremely difficult extracting the dark dust from this, you have to be very careful where you place your sample points when doing a background extraction at the pre process stage.

I found that on the first run through, it came out all blotchy, stepped it back and put smaller ones near the stars.  Fingers crossed tonight and tomorrow are looking better weather wise, but i will not be holding my breath the way its been.

My first attempt was 24 hours in mono and couldn't separate the dust very well. Every time I visited the data I got a different result. My second imaging attempt was better. A lot of people get great results with 4-5 hours of data.

• Like 1