NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky-Watcher EvoStar 90/900 eq2 OR BRESSER First Light AR-102/1000 Eq3

I am going to buy telescope refractor for my amateur observations, so what company is better ?  I agree to slightly worse characteristics, but for the product to be of high quality.

And the second question, what the parameters i need to see Titan for example ( I understand that it will be just a point ;) )

Among the two you listed, I'd go for the Bresser because of the slightly larger aperture and slightly better mount.  However, both are achromats, so don't expect terrific planetary views as compared to an APO refractor at a much higher price or a 5" or larger parabolic Newtonian at a similar price.

It would help if we knew what country you're located in with regards to purchasing advice.

Quick Chinese/Taiwanese astro manufacturers FAQ:

Sky-Watcher is Synta, from mainland China.  It is the largest astro products manufacturer for true entry level equipment (not that stuff sold on ebay or in big box stores at Christmas).  However, it tends to have a lot of rough edges mechanically.  Optically, they're generally fine.  Their scopes target the most cost conscience consumers.

Bresser in Europe and Explore-Scientific in the US is JOC from mainland China.  They tend to have better mechanics than Synta, but they cost more.  They target the mid to higher ends of the market as folks want better equipment.  Optics are quite good.

GSO is from Taiwan and is sold under that name and many house brands.  They tend to be about equivalent to JOC on quality and market positioning.  It's not clear if they have any mainland China suppliers.

Long Perng is from Taiwan and almost always sells under house brands.  Their eyepieces and scopes (mostly refractors) tend to be of very good quality.  It's not clear if they have any mainland China suppliers.

KUO is from mainland China and almost always sells under house brands.  Their eyepieces and scopes (mostly refractors) tend to be of very good quality.

I'm sure I missed one or more, but those are the major players I see again and again.

• Like 1