Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Return to astroimaging after a long hiatus - NGC 6888

Bloom

The birth of my second daughter a few years ago proved too much for my spare time, so I was forced to quit the hobby in 2020. Now, it seems I can start again, at least now that it is summer. The heat wave here in Greece has produced stable and quite clear nights. This is my effort on a rather difficult target, taken through three successive nights, and from my summer residence under Bortle 3 skies (but I have two street lamps at close proximity). Maybe some will find my equipment, and especially my software, outdated - well, it suits me fine. When I stopped deep sky imaging, CMOS were just a novelty, and now, three years later, they have outclassed CCD cameras in almost all aspects (except for binning, I guess). Time flies.

91x3min, GSO 6'' f/5 newtonian, NEQ6, Atik450L OSC camera, Baader MPCC coma corrector, Baader UV/IR filter. Guiding: Starlight Xpress Lodestar with Stellarvue FV50 9x50 finderscope, and PHD. Image scale is 0.95 arcsec/pixel. Image processing was done with IRIS, Astroart 5, Imagesplus, and Paint Shop Pro X5

NGC 6888.jpg

Edited by Bloom
typo error
  • Like 7