NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cem 40 with tri-pier and Celestron Edge HD 9.25

Hopefully this is the right section but please move if not!

I am considering purchasing my first non-refractor scope in the form of the Celestron Edge HD 9.25. I do exclusively astrophotography and live in bortle 8 London. My aim for getting this scope would be for planets/galaxies/smaller nebula at F7 mostly and occasionally F10 when required. I will also try the hyperstar in the future but that isn't my focus for now as I have smaller refractors I use to image those FL.

My questions is if the edge HD 9.25 will be fine with image on a Cem 40 mount on a tri-pier? I like this mount for how light it is (although the tri-pier is heavy!) so I can setup every night. My imaging camera is the ASI 2600mm pro. The largest scope I have used with it is the Esprit 100 and that worked very well. I don't think the weight of the edge HD 9.25 will be a problem but more the long focal length - even if I used exclusively at F7. 

Anyone with this setup and can help with suggestions please? I have looked online and a few posts in CN say it won't work while others say it will so I am split!

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1