NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

night with bresser 10x50s

I assume these are the ones sold in Lidl for 10 or 15£. I bought mine at Astrofest for 15 and had my first night in ages under dark skies with them last week. Amazing how many messiers you can see:icon_eek: including M3, 13, 35-38 and, I'm pretty sure, 81 /82 (I could see a faint smudge where they are supposed to be but can't claim to have seen two faint smudges).

M35 was slightly grainy; m36, 37 and 38 were just fuzzy patches.

I am amazed at the quality of these for the price but any ideas how the view might improve if I upgraded to better 10x50s? Also, any suggestions as to what's out there? Not looking to break the bank -maybe around the £100 mark?

thanks

Dan

I have some Opticrons Imagics ones that were about £140 from Stsve at FLO. The view is definitley better. I'm not usre its 10x as good but its markedly more contrasty, brighter and just generally looks better.

Thats a pretty non-expert view of things. The bressers are good and really quite amazing for £14 but when you compare them directly to the Opticrons you really can see a difference.

If your coming to Salisbury I'll bring the Opticrons with me and you can take a look / compare.

If you're looking for another 10x50 then have a look at the Pentax WP II from FLO. I have had the 20x60 version and they were excellent. I sold them because greed overtook sense(I was offered silly money). The optics and mechanics do take some beating for the price.

Nothing wrong with the Lidl 10x50 if they get you into two eyed viewing.

Thanks for the nice report.

Glen.

Archived