NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

More RASA frustration

Swapped over the camera to the 6200MM for some NB now there's no astro dark and the Moon's up and needed to rotate the camera to get the correct orientation, so loosened off the RASA front ring to allow the adapter plate to rotate. Found the adapter plate still wouldn't rotate and realised the whole central lens assembly was rotating instead rather than the ring loosening. Holding the lens assembly with two fingers the adapter plate ring came undone easily so it wasn't done up too tight. The corrector plate is supplied with two metal plates firmly clamping the corrector plate between them and the lens and front ring assembly are fixed to these plates. It seems they aren't firmly clamped together anymore so everyting is rotating with the corrector plate staying still. 😭

This is a new scope and not the one that was dropped so is still in warranty. It's Friday again so can't contact FLO until Monday. The corrector plate needs removing to tighten up the two plates so I'm not doing that without permission, and Celestron have said removing the plate yourself voids the warrenty so I'll have to wait. 😟

The scopes been in the Sun, covered by a towel,  for the past few hours ready for this evening so maybe the metal pieces expanded more than the corrector plate glass causing the issue.

Luckily I got quite a few sets of images the past few weeks so can amuse myself processing them in the meantime. I don't think I'm meant to own a RASA. 😐

IMG_3592.jpg.132f31d29bcc33c399f7fece7824da6c.jpg

Alan