NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Asiair Plus doing strange things

Last night I encountered a few weird problems with my ASIAIR Plus (which I have connected with a direct Ethernet cable). Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Here’s what happened:

1.    4-5 attempts to connect to the app

2.    Biggest problem I noticed was when an image was loading. Previously it would take about 10-15 seconds, last night it took more than 60 seconds to load. (this was at 600 kb/s)

3.    When going to the guiding page the background was black (instead of the usual sky background). Then it would revert back to normal screen.

4.    When going to the camera menu, once it wouldn’t open, and once or twice the screen was black. Once, when checking the camera menu it took 15 seconds for the camera information to come up on my screen.

P.S. I just tried a firmware update and the loading issue (i.e., 60 seconds to load) continues.

Also, not sure if I’m doing the firmware update correctly. The instructions say you should not be connected to your device when doing an update. If you disconnect the ASIAIR, you can’t get to the app. Confused on this.

P.P.S. I was, in fact, able to image through the night in spite of the above.

Much thanks to anyone who has waded through the above.

Joe