NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Azi GTi vs GTE

Morning everyone 

I understand the difference between the two mounts above in that the GTE doesn’t include the feeedom find option of the GTI, but looking at the Costs I’m thinking the GTE is more of a bargain- for example the GTI is approx £349 at FLO for the mount and tripod package alone but the GTE also includes the startravel 102. (A fairly decent achro frac for visual) is only £379- a difference of £30.

so I’m wondering how useful is the freedom find option and is it really something people find helpful? Be good to know before making the decision as I’m thinking the GTE package is more cost effective if I’m never likely to use freedom find. 

thanks

☺️

2 hours ago, Beardy30 said:

Morning everyone 

I understand the difference between the two mounts above in that the GTE doesn’t include the feeedom find option of the GTI, but looking at the Costs I’m thinking the GTE is more of a bargain- for example the GTI is approx £349 at FLO for the mount and tripod package alone but the GTE also includes the startravel 102. (A fairly decent achro frac for visual) is only £379- a difference of £30.

so I’m wondering how useful is the freedom find option and is it really something people find helpful? Be good to know before making the decision as I’m thinking the GTE package is more cost effective if I’m never likely to use freedom find. 

thanks

☺️

Personally, I have the encoders turned off on my GTi and never use freedom find, I read somewhere that the tracking is a little better that way a while back. That said, if in the future you are planning to get a wedge and use it in EQ mode the GTi may be a better bet. If you're just visual the GTE should suffice and the 102 is a well-liked scope.

• Thanks 1