IC59 Ghost of Cassiopeia - First succss with Pixinsight

Snoani

Hi all

I captured this data back in November but really struggled to process it with my intermediate skills because there are so many stars in the region, so every attempt just looked like a starry mess.     Despite owning Pixinsight of a little while, I'm still processing predominantly in Photoshop because I've really struggled to find a mono workflow that I could make work, but after failing to process this in photoshop I have given Pixinsight another go.  It isn't perfect to me, but I am reasonably satisfied given it is probably my 10th attempt at this data, although I did have to use a tiny bit of Photoshop at the end to reduce the stars.  Whether the PI workflow I used will also work with my other mono data remains to be seen.  

I captured 2 hours of each LRGB using an ASI 1600MM Pro, Baader LRGB filters on a William Optics GT81 mounted on an HEQ5.  

Critique and guidance is always welcome.  

Thanks for taking the time.

image.thumb.jpeg.fa6d9590bf099e63896f1e7731267985.jpeg

• Like 10