A week on the Rosette Nebula - and my first attempt at true SHO with OSC

powerlord

Hi chaps, so been cloudy and clear the last week or so, so I've been setting up and seeing what I can get - throwing away the cloudy stuff. I've been shooting Ha/Oiii with the L-ultimate, but also Sii/Oiii with the D2. All with the asi2600.

This is the first one I've completed in true SHO this way  - doing a similar thing that @Lee_P has been doing.

Rosette is I think, my favourite nebula - it's just so beautiful with the parade of animals. etc. So I wanted to try and do my best ever Rosette - trying to better my attempt last April with my asi1600.

3 sessions of Ha totalling  13 hours of 10 min subs

4 sessions of Sii totalling 10 hours of 10 mins subs

And therefore, 7 sessions of 23 hours of Oiii.

rgb  30 mins for the stars (60 sec subs)

I stacked all 4 Oiiis (green/blue from both) together.

Then spend quite a long time for me (prob 4 hours) editing in affinity photo to get it right.

I've certainly got a massive lot more detail than I got last year, so I think until next year - I'm happy I've done my best with this one.

I'm still not 100% happy with it. maybe my blue is too saturated, or the outer bits are not saturated enough - I dunno - just doesn't feel right yet - but here it is.

As always comments welcome!

stu

p.s reposted after some editing

ngc2244.Rosette.thumb.jpg.247d6492fcc54c5cf245b5c8708f0cf8.jpg

For comparison, this was my best attempt last year:

Rosette.3session-lastyear.thumb.jpg.059dd29de1a0a44d7fd0a47a3917f320.jpg

Edited by powerlord
updated images
  • Like 8