Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

bag for Sky-Watcher Startravel 102T OTA and tripod

Hi Everyone,

Just purchased the Sky-Watcher Startravel 102T OTA refractor for nights when I don't want to bring out the dob I have. I'm on th look-out for a case the could accommodate the telescope and a tripod. I bought an Oklop padded bag from astroshop.eu for the dob and it has served me well. I'm considering buying the same bag for the Startravel but I think it might be too big for the smaller telescope. 

Has anyone got any suggestions for any good bags?

I have recently picked up a second-hand Meade 2102 and I am too looking for a suitable carry bag.

I have been looking at the ‘padded’ tripod only bags on amazon, aliexpress and eBay. Compared to the ones for sale on amazon and eBay, the aliexpress ones maybe a little cheaper for an unbranded one. The tripod/telescope branded ones that are sold on aliexpress, (ie Manfrotto, Celestron, etc), are expensive and I don’t know whether they are genuine or counterfeit… despite the logo.

Edited by Philip R

1 minute ago, star gazer 73 said:

That looks like a great bag, the only thing is that my refractor has a focal length of 500mm about half the length of the bag

So plenty of room for accessories, a book, hip flask....😛

• Haha 1

I'm a bit sensitive about this sort of thing because I bought an Oklop bag for my StellaLyra 8" dob. It fits perfectly, but only if I take off the alt bearings, which is a PITA. If I'd known, I'd have bought the bag for a 10".